Evaluating Key Subsystems
Your Ideal Computing Device
- What kind of computing device is best for me?
Evaluating the CPU Subsystem
- What does the CPU do, and how can I evaluate its performance?
Sound Byte: Using Windows to Evaluate CPU Performance
Evaluating the Memory Subsystem
- How does memory work in my computer?
- How do I evaluate how much memory I need?
Sound Byte: Memory Hierarchy Interactive
Active Helpdesk: Evaluating Your CPU and RAM
Sound Byte: Installing RAM
Evaluating the Storage Subsystem
- What are the computer’s storage devices?
- How do I evaluate my storage devices?
Sound Byte: Optical Media Reading and Writing Interactive
Sound Byte: Installing an SSD Drive
Evaluating Other Subsystems and Making a Decision
Evaluating the Video and Audio Subsystems
- What components affect the quality of video on my computer?
- How do I know if I need better video performance?
- What components affect my computer’s sound quality?
Active Helpdesk: Evaluating Computer System Components
Evaluating System Reliability and Making a Final Decision
- How can I improve the reliability of my system?
For all media in this chapter go to pearsonhighered.com/techinaction or MyITLab.